Forum Discussion

kdoub40
New Contributor
4 years ago

Waste time for tech to come home.

I was having issues with my contour box past 2 weeks. Which is this was second time during past 3 years after I switched my box with same issues back then. Due to this coronavirius issues, I understand things are not same as usual. I had appointment for 10:00-12:00 today. Tech came and told me to take cable box out and he game me old refurbished box with some ppl's fingerprints and smudge was all over the bottom of box. I asked him that why I have to use older refurbished box. He said they are all out the new box and these are the only thing they have. So I just decided to follow whatever he said at this point. Sis 3 times rebooted system after reinstall the box he gave me. Still not working. The. He brought another old model box to do same thing. Tried again. Then finally cable came back. But now controller is not working. Tech did not gave me new controller. I have to reprogram my controller that I was using. After reprogramming, controller was working somehow but keep freezing channels and cable menu. Tech told me that it'll take a minute to update all the information. Then tech left. I waited couple minutes but things didn't change. Now I have to call technical support on the phone. Waited about 5 minutes and talking to tech support on the phone explain what's going on. Afyer he check everything. He said this box is NO GOOD!!!! He asked me to schedule another tech to come and fix!!!! WTF?!?!? Really? I wasted all my time for nothing!! So I decided to go to Cox store to exchange my box. Deove up and waited outside and finally I got brand new box. Reconnected did all by myself. Now everything working perfectly fine. My point is sending tech customers home to fix issues, better bring new equipment not refurbished one!!! Especially dirty nasty one. That was totally unacceptable!!!!  Anyway Don't waste your time like I did!!! 

1 Reply

• Hi kdoub40,

We'd be happy to investigate this issue and address your concerns; however, we will need some additional information in order to do so. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address.

Maria
    Cox Support Forum Moderator