Forum Discussion

ilovegumbo
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Sound not synced

I just purchased a Samsung Soundbar and my sound coming out is delayed. The sync adjustment on tv and Soundbar don’t fix delay. It doesn’t happen on just TV sound. Only when using Soundbar. It doesn’t happen when watching Netflix or any apps on the smart tv. I changed cox setting to expert from Dolby. Didn’t fix. The previous posts on this forum didn’t help me. 

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Just to clarify, the delay only happens with the Contour box?

ilovegumbo
      New Contributor II

Yes and when through Soundbar. Not when on TV speakers

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Are your connections as follows?

Contour > HDMI-cable-1 > TV > HDMI-cable-2 > soundbar

ilovegumbo
      New Contributor II

I’ve tried contour to HDMI on Tv then HDMI arc out to Soundbar arc. I’ve also tried the optical cable

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

You said you've tried.  The connections should be as you just described.  Is the TV still connected to the soundbar via its ARC port?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

This is a good one.  I'm unsure of your audio settings on all devices right now.  There may be just too much processing.  I'd return Contour HDMI Audio Output to Stereo (PCM).  I'd then disable the Sync Adjustments on both TV and soundbar.

I'm not suggesting this will work but to instead "blank" the settings and go from there.

When you initially noticed the sync issue, did you check if ALL channels had the sync issue?

ilovegumbo
      New Contributor II

ok I think I fixed. I reconnected via HDMI cables. I went into expert settings on Samsung TV and changed   Audio output settings from auto to PCM. Now it’s synced. I originally did that on contour box with no success. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Okay...a few is good.  I should have written "other" channels instead of all.

I'd still "blank" your audio settings.