Forum Discussion

Patrish
New Contributor II
7 years ago
Solved

Remote will not turn TV on or off and volume button not working.

My batteries are fine and my channel selector works. Cox online recommends pressing the TV button and the power button. I have no TV button on this simple remote. Any help is appreciated.
  • Hi Patrish,

What is the model number on the back of the remote?

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Patrish,

What is the model number on the back of the remote?

Patrish
    New Contributor II
    When I remove batteries, I find these numbers: URC-2220BC0-R C145301
  • Hello Patrish,

I am sorry to learn you are having trouble with the remote control. Please visit https://bit.ly/2uUX8gN for step by step instructions to program the remote. Hope this helps.
    Patrish
    New Contributor II
    I redid the setup so now I can turn TV off and on with remote and the volume control works but the guide and channel buttons do not work. Now what do I do?
  • Hi Patrish,

I'd recommend trying to repair the remote with the box. Be sure to have direct line of sight between the remote and the box. Also make sure both the box and TV are powered on:

-Press and hold the Setup button until the Power button light blinks twice.
    -Enter 982.

-Press the Cox Menu button on the remote control.
    -Use the Up or Down arrows to highlight Customer Support, then press Select.

Result: The Customer Support menu displays.

-Use the Up or Down arrows to highlight Technical Support, then press Select.
    -Use the Up or Down arrows to highlight Remote Control Pairing, then press Select.

Result: A message will be displayed with instructions on how to pair the remote control.

To program the remote complete the following steps.

a.Press and hold Setup until the remote light blinks twice.
    b.Press the Cox Menu button and the RF pairing code will be displayed on the TV.
    c.Using the remote keypad, enter the three-digit code displayed on the TV.
    d.The remote light will blink twice to confirm the code has been successfully entered.

This should help.
    Patrish
    New Contributor II
    In regard to the last message before this, in trying to repair remote with box, THE COX MENU BUTTON ON REMOTE CONTROL DOES NOT WORK. This is extremely frustrating.
  • Hi Patrish,

I am so very sorry for the frustration. Upon holding the Setup button, does the Power light flash 2x? If so when you attempt entering the code 982, are you able to see a the menu screen after pressing the menu button? The remote controls are very sensitive, so you may have to try a few times.

Patrish
    New Contributor II
    The power light flashes twice and entered code but no menu comes up. Tried several times. Is it best to just go in to Cox store and exchange remotes? A tech over the phone suggested that.
  • Hi Patrish,

Exchanging the remote is an option. I'd like to try sending a refresh to your mini box first. Please send me an email to cox.help@cox.com with your service address. Be sure to include the status of the light on your box. Is the light flashing or steady? I look forward to your response.