Forum Discussion

RyanHitch
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Recordings always pause while watching.

It seems that lately most of my recordings will pause and skip while I'm watching them. Any clue how to fix this?

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @RyanHitch,

I can relate to what's going on, and I want you to be able to watch your recorded shows without issues. Are you having any trouble with live tv? Also, do you have a CloudDVR or a traditional DVR?

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      RyanHitch
      New Contributor II

I don't really gabe any trouble with live tv. The 2 main channels that always mess up recording are ABC and the CW. I believe I have a traditional dvr

Allan
        @RyanHitch, Does the dvr box make any unusual clicking sounds/noises? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    heyers3
    New Contributor

yes....just started this service and very unhappy at least with the wireless contour DVR....all the recordings skip, lose volume band are super glitchy....weird thing is when i watch the same recording in the morning vs at night there is no problem.....may be headed back to Direct TV

Allan
      @Heyers3, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.