Forum Discussion

Monster2018
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Problem Canceling Services.

I called cox yesterday afternoon because my cable and phone service just came off of a seasonal hold. When i saw that my bill had jumped from $240 to $386 i had enough. I called to cancel the cable and phone service and  was going to keep the internet; i stream everything online anyway . The customer support person talked so fast, on top of the fact that i have hearing issues, i could barley understand him and he kept putting me on hold. So; Instead of doing what i had asked to begin with and cancel the phone,which i don't even use anyway, and cable which i don't watch. He put me on hold again and placed both services on another 9 month hold. Come November it  they will have been on hold for 18 months and i will be charged for the hold on both services every month. Then when he came back he acted like there was nothing he could do about it because it was already put on the seasonal hold. #1 i said clearly that i couldn't afford $386 because i am on a fixed income. Now when it comes off of seasonal hold again it will probably be even higher. Even if it isn't  i still CAN NOT afford that much. I have more priority bills to deal with.  #2 Cox reps need to slow down and allow THE CUSTOMERS to talk and  what they are politely asking them to do. I do not appreciate being strong armed into keeping something that I AM NOT  going to use! I don't know if they are trained to do things this way or what but that is wrong.  #3 There needs to be a way that we can manage (cancel,Change)  our services  through out online accounts. I don't mind paying  for cox services because they still beat most other competitors but they need more reasonable prices. Stop the high pressure sales. I would consider keeping the cable and Internet if they worked with me on the price but i still want to cancel the house phone. I don't even have a physical house phone. Everyone i know uses my cell (Text) and email  because of the hearing issues i have. So what exaly is cox going to do about this?

1 Reply

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Monster2018

Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. For further assistance, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address. Also, include a link to this thread.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator