Forum Discussion

U_Bad
New Contributor
2 years ago

New main receiver puts all my boxes to sleep

With my new contor main receiver replaced, now all my boxes go to sleep/power saver mode.  I have not been able to shut this feature off! I called for support but they told me to shut off the power saver and it was.  How do I shut off this feature? I am caring for a disabled Uncle and he can not use the remote, I'll turn the TV on for him then go do chores and when I check on my Uncle the TV has a screen saver on it. It doesn't appear to take that long before this happens.  I've already received account credit for not providing service, but I need to fix this ASAP for my Uncle. 

Thanks

4 Replies

• We may need to have a field technician scheduled to identify why the feature is not staying turned off when going into the Contour Receiver. The steps here should work to disable power saver www.cox.com/.../contour-and-power-save-mode.html, but if there is another error message appearing or signal issue happening, then we may need to have a field technician further troubleshoot. If this box is doing it when another wasn't, then the Contour box itself may need to be swapped.

Dustin
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Santa_Barbara
      New Contributor

I too have this problem. 3 wireless streaming boxes, all with power saver off, still give the "Are you still there" message and go to sleep with a screensaver on. Disabled wife can't use remote and is stuck staring at nothing. I pay $335 a month for service that needs to be improved!

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

"Are you still watching", is also a message used for shared digital channels. The reason is, after a certain period of time, they verify you are still watching the program, and if they don't get a response they will power off the video box, to save bandwidth.