Forum Discussion

wmaley
New Contributor
5 years ago

Lies, Deceit, and ghost transfers

I have spent half my day today being lied to, called a liar, ghost transferred (called about missing services after a change and was transferred to collections) because the rep didn't want to assist, and on hold for over 3 hours combined.  What kind of customer service is this?  Here is what happened.

I called to remove services because a bill in excess of $200 per month is just too much.  I clearly explained I wanted to get rid of Homelife, my premium movie channels; but wanted to keep my extended cable channels 25 and up as well as my HD channels.  The rep told me I only needed Cox TV Starter and the Advanced tv service and the monthly cost would be $108 for that and my internet.  After the change was made to my account I only had channels up to 25 and nothing in the HD range, all saying I needed a subscription.  I called back in and amazingly was told there was an outage in my area at exactly the same time and the channels wouldn't be back until 9 pm, convenient.  I was also told in multiple follow up calls my bill with those channels would be $158 or $163 or $176, and last and best $226 WITHOUT ANY PREMIUM CHANNELS!  The last was more than I was paying before I got rid of the 4 premium channels I had.

I had one rep flat out call me a liar when I told them I was quoted $108 for what I requested and when I requested a supervisor I was told his supervisor could not help me only he could.  This happens EVERY TIME I make changes to my account and when I make changes I am VERY specific in expressing what I want.  So I requested an email address for their customer complaint department and was told no email for that exists.  Unless I get some sort of response assisting me with my issue I will be cancelling my service and moving everything to a different provider.

I am sure this will not show up for the public eye or be quickly removed as Cox has proven to me they are a bait and switch company.

1 Reply

• Hello. The purpose of the Cox TV Support Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable Television services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, or would like to submit a channel request, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator