Forum Discussion

JMyrick827
New Contributor
6 years ago

Incompetent Customer Service Personnel and Missed Service Appointments

On 06/18/2018 at approximately 10:30 p.m. EST, I contacted your Customer Service Center to report an issue that I am having with my Cox Cable TV service. I spoke with a young man and explained that I was no longer receiving at least 5 channels (Discovery, History, Paramount, TVLand, FreeForm) and that I was receiving a error message of "Sorry, this channel is not available at this time," with an error code of XRE03059. After over 30 minutes of troubleshooting, he stated that he could not assist me and that he would schedule an appointment for tomorrow (06/19/2018) between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.

On 06/19/2018 at approximately 10:30 a.m., I telephoned your Customer Service Center to ask why the technician never arrived. I was informed by the young girl I spoke with that the appointment had been scheduled for 8-10 a.m. on 06/20/2018. Infuriated, I advised her that this was not what I had been told on 06/18/2018. She then stated that she could reschedule the appointment for between 3-5 p.m. on 06/19/2018, and that she had contacted Dispatch to have them place me at the top of the list if there were any earlier cancellations.

On 06/19/2018 at approximately 5:30 p.m., I again called your Customer Service Center to inquire as to why the scheduled technician never arrived. I was informed by a young man that there was no appointment in the system scheduled for 06/19/2018. I immediately requested to speak with a manager. When the Floor Manager came on the line, he reiterated the same information that I had been previously given. When I explained the situation, again, to him, he state that he would contact Dispatch and request an emergency appointment for prior to 7 p.m. Of course, your technician, again, never arrived.

I pay a ridiculous amount of money for your service. I rescheduled my entire day to accommodate appointments that were not kept. I am a Consultant for the U.S. Government and my time is extremely valuable. The lack of service that I have received is more than unacceptable. Does Cox Communications intend to compensate me for my lost wages due to your employees' incompetence? Unfortunately, Cox is the only provider in my area, so I am stuck with you. I expect something to be done about this.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CarolLM
    Former Moderator
    Hi, this is definitely not the Cox experience I want for you! I am truly sorry for the frustration and aggravation you have been through! Please email us at cox.help@cox.com, include your name and address and a link to this post. I'd like to review your account to see exactly what happened to ensure this doesn't happen again! I look forward to your response. -Carol, Cox Support Forums Moderator