Forum Discussion

Tucson_Cable_Us
New Contributor II
6 years ago

How do I watch History Vault from my browser?

I just subscribed to History Vault from the cable box.  I went to HistoryVault.com and cannot sign in?  How do I watch it from the browser or my phone?  Can I watch it on the Roku app?  It doesn't show in the watchtv.cox.com website either.

Thanks,

Chris

8 Replies

• Hi Tucson_Cable_User. History Vault is an online-only subscription provided by the History Channel for an additional charge. Without subscribing to this service, which is separate from the History Channel itself, you won't be able to watch the content. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Tucson_Cable_Us
      New Contributor II

I did subscribe to the service from the Contour cable box.  Thanks.  I currently can only watch it on the Contour connected to my TV.  I still can't log into any of the apps or the history vault website.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Technically, what you added to your cable box is a Subscription Video On-Demand (SVOD) channel.  However, there is a disparity for access between a Cox article and a History Vault FAQ.

History Vaults says immediate access from all platforms, but Cox says anywhere from 30 minutes to 24 hours to sync to other platforms.  It seems like Cox just slows down the process.

If you still can't access from your mobile, browser or Roku by now, I'd just cancel the subscription via your cable box...if possible...and register again at historyvault.com.

If you have trouble, there is contact info at history.zendesk.com/.../216240258-I-have-a-question-about-HISTORY-Vault-that-s-not-covered-in-the-FAQ-

Tucson_Cable_Us
      New Contributor II

Thanks Bruce.  I will give it another few hours, then will call Cox tomorrow and see what's up.  If I got to cancel it through cox then that's fine too.

Becky
        Hi Tucson, you will need to have a History Vault account in order to access content from a device other than than the Contour 2 receiver. Register at historyvault.com using your Cox.net email address. From what I can gather from the History Vault FAQ pages, the registration process will allow you to link subscriptions purchased on other devices. If you go through the registration process and are unclear on how to link the subscription purchased through your cable box, please email hvault.support@aenetworks.com for further assistance. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator