Forum Discussion

tcompound
New Contributor
7 years ago

Free Movies/Netflix

How do you turn off the Netflix feature?

Every time we search for a free movie in on-demand it comes up that you need a Netflix subscription. It's obviously not a free movie if I need to pay for a Netflix subscription. It gets really aggravating when you just want to watch a free movie and every thing needs a subscription to pay extra after I'm already spending over $200 per month. Either make it a feature you can turn off on your DVR or get rid of the feature.

20 Replies

• At a minimum on the list of free movies results there needs to be an icon on each movie indicating if it’s Netflix or not  so you can efficiently  review your search results without selecting each individual movie to figure out if it’s on Netflix or not.  I have a Netflix  subscription and still don’t like this feature because I have higher resolution when I watch Netflix through my Apple 4K TV and not through Cox.  BTW  I gave this feedback recently to a Cox solution store and they said they are getting that feedback all the time and have already passed it along. Would be very curious to see if changes are in the works? 

• @Longtime Cox User

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. We can certainly submit this to our programming team. 

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator

sbm1971
    New Contributor

sure cox will give us Netflix free like Verizon when cox repair technicians can spread there wings and fly to appointments with the new flying repair vans lol

jaglepchee
    New Contributor

sbm1971 said:

sure cox will give us Netflix free like Verizon when cox repair technicians can spread there wings and fly to appointments with the new flying repair vans Angel lol

If you had bothered to read the post you would have seen that we do not want free netflix.  We simply want the option to turn it off so it doesn't show up in our listings!

sbm1971
    New Contributor
    Posted by ArizGirl67
    22 Jan 2018 4:20 PM

I am right there with you.  This has made my 'FREE' movie watching a nightmare.  I am not happy with Cox at this moment. 

All of the NETFLIX movies need to be separated from the 'FREE' Movies.....Unless Cox is going to include a free NETFLIX subscription!  Wink

that's the post I was talking about

If you had bothered to read the post you would have seen that we do not want free netflix.  We simply want the option to turn it off so it doesn't show up in our listings! not turning it off yes Comcast I believe they can but were not Comcast but cox it using there interface for contour someone please correct me if I am wrong 

sbm1971
    New Contributor

sorry Unless Cox is going to include a free NETFLIX subscription!  Wink that's why I said what I said about free Netflix sorry again I was not clearer

sbm1971
    New Contributor

I here what being said if you ask for Sanford and son it pulls up Netflix but it is on encore black channel I have a friend in mass he says you can take Netflix out and not pull up Netflix at all if that's true someone please feel free to correct me also cox contour uses Comcast x1 interface if am correct so why is that so hard for cox to fix this Andy Griffith is on Sundance everytime I look up a show it pulls up Netflix I do not have Netflix and its screwing up trying to find free shows

• Hi Everyone,

I apologize for the confusion. I understood that the thread was not about getting Netflix for free. Having the ability to exclude Netflix from content searches sounds like a fantastic suggestion!

FuBe
    New Contributor

Hi Becky,

That IS a fantastic suggestion since the "Free" option in your guide is a total lie.

When might we expect this to be implemented? Like others, I find it impossible to find movies to watch due to the extra 4,000+ listings from Netflix.

Please keep us updated. Thank you.

FuBe

• @FuBe

We can submit a request to our programming team for you. Please send us an email with your full address to cox.help@cox.com.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.