Forum Discussion

Bruce
Honored Contributor III
5 years ago

First Man on HBO

I started watching First Man on HBO On-demand and while it was "dotting" up, I noticed the runtime was only 50 minutes.  I didn't know if it was a typo or a new trend for shorter movies.  Nope.  Neither.  The movie stopped at 50 minutes with no ending or credits.

I checked the program guide and it's scheduled for Wednesday from 11:30 PM to 1:55 AM (2 hours and 25 minutes) on HBO2, so it's obviously a longer movie...just not via on-demand.

Do I flip my cable box over to watch the other half or does someone call HBO?

6 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Ground Control to Cox
    Ground Control to Cox

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Bruce, thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I was able to replicate this issue. An escalation has been submitted to the appropriate party to have investigated further, and we hope to have more information within the next 24-72 business hours. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I hope nobody spoils the ending 'til then.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Great.  HBO removed First Man from their on-demand menu and I couldn't watch it.

Thanks for the effective and timely "escalation!"

BrianM

Our ticket is now resolved, the whole movie is now showing under On Demand.

Brian
      Cox Support Forum Moderator

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Roger, Houston.  I watched its entire 142 minutes last night, over.

I admire the astronauts even more.  Not only did they have to gather the courage to sit in a poky, metal box atop 2 kilotons of TNT...but endure the persistent negativity from spouses, activists, politicians, pundits and tragedies of life.