Forum Discussion

Chele
New Contributor
4 years ago

DVR self serve schedule request

Will there ever be a chance in this Cox advertised "Digital Age" that Cable TV subscribers to the DVR service will be able to manage recordings online as well as on the TV?

Suggest an interface where I can log online into my account and select my DVR recordings.

Currently the Cox DVR service is not working properly, i.e. scheduling numerous instances of a show on channels other than what I selected, scheduling repeats instead of new occurrences, showing conflicts as a result of the faulty DVR software scheduling.

Why is this interface not available?

4 Replies

• Hello Chele. Thanks for the suggestion. When scheduling your dvr recordings you should be able to choose between only new and all showings as well as the channels that the show is on. In some cases, the broadcaster will not tell us if the show is a rerun or not. This means that the show in question may not show up as a rerun and the dvr will treat it as a new show. Conflicts are usually an issue when too many programs are scheduled to record at the same time or someone has decided to watch tv while all tuners in the box is set to record. This will make the box prompt that error and let you decide how you wish to proceed. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    bearone2
    Contributor III

the dvr's working ok, it's the network/s..

i just had a conflict on 2 channels sunday on an old cbs program that was being recorded as new release, at the same time as a new release on another channel.

Chele
      New Contributor

Thanks for the answer.  I agree it is the network and better determination of new or repeat needs to occur.  At a minimum it would be nice to have an interface to better manage or see all of the series I record.  Sounds like the process hinges on what Cox is being told by the station. What a caveat that puts a kink in the “digital age”!

bearone2
        Contributor III

it's not what cox is told by the station, it's how the station/network labels the show.