Forum Discussion

Encore_and_Movi
New Contributor II
7 months ago

Contour streaming on my laptop

HI there. I have found NO solutions to watching TV on my laptop. I was passed around to 5 different reps & he "gave me a work around"? I always use Chrome and suddenly overnight, the cox guide has no pictures. I can see the guide but when I click on a selection, it cycles to "attempting to resume" then I get an  (Error TVAPP-00281). Now in a sane environment this CODE means something yet NO one could tell me what it means? I can use my desktop & use chrome just fine to watch the same exact thing! There has to be a setting they've changed that can help. The last hateful person I spoke with told me there is a "known issue with chrome & contour". Clearly a lie. The contour page opens with NO PICS on the page like it usually does. HELP

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Rflaharty
    New Contributor II

exact same error started yesterday - no one at cox has ever heard of error TVAPP-00281 - don't know what to do

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III
    1.  Are you able to view TVGO channels?
    2. Were you using the laptop at home when the error occured?  If no, does the error occur on the laptop when you're at home?
    3. Is the laptop using Wi-Fi or a cable connection when the error occurs?
    4. Have you deleted cox.com and watchtv.cox.com cookies to force re-authentication?
      Encore_and_Movi
      New Contributor II

1. NO channels work & on the home page, no pics of the movies or channels show.

2 This happened overnight Friday night. When I tried to watch Gameday and it wouldn't open is when it showed up

3.WiFi. Modem & wifi were reset after cache cleared

4. Nope

Rflaharty
      New Contributor II
      1. No
      2. on Mac instead of laptop, but yes was using at home.
      3. using wifi - and have been for quite some time, daily.
      4. have deleted cache and cookies all time.  reset modem and router and restarted computer (more than once)

Other streaming works - netflix, prime.  Cable channels works on mini box to TV.  No one at Cox has ever heard of error TVAPP-00281

radarzone
    New Contributor II

I have the exact same issue only it's on all 3 of my desktop Windows PC's. I have tried everything suggested so far and nothing has worked. It does work on the Edge and Brave browsers, so it wouls seem to be an issue between Chrome and Cox. 

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

I'm able to view watchtv.cox.com on my desktop using Chrome with no issues.  (I don't even get the "This browser has paused playback" TVAPP-00282 error when the first channel is selected using MS Edge).  If you have extensions enabled, you could try disabling them.  Do you use a VPN service or Chrome proxy settings?  There might also be a conflict with the Chrome version you have. 

You're able to view watchtv.cox.com with MS Edge, but prefer Chrome.  As a workaround, you could create a desktop shortcut to launch watchtv.cox.com with MS Edge, but keep Chrome as your default browser for everything else.  In the shortcut properties, paste the path of MS Edge followed by the URL of watchtv.cox.com.  The example below may differ based upon your OS.  This example defaults to Listings view.  Modify the URL to your own preference.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" https://watchtv.cox.com/listings/

radarzone
        New Contributor II

No VPN, No proxy, Chrome Version 117.0.5938.132 

Rflaharty
    New Contributor II

Ditto - although I only updated to Version 117.0.5938.149

I had check on update yesterday but there was not one available - had been on .....138

Thanks to everyone that posted and helped.

Encore_and_Movi
    New Contributor II

Hallelujia! They figured out something. It's all back and good to go. Thank you! I wish they would tell us what they fixed? 

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

If you're referring to Cox, it probably wasn't due to anything they did.  There appears to have been an issue with a Chrome version that was fixed with an update.