Forum Discussion

thecat18
New Contributor III
7 years ago

Contour 2 Remote issue

I have had the new contour 2 for over 6 months & it's been great but the last 2 nights the response time of pressing any buttons on the remote has taken over a minute to respond at times. I thought it was the batteries since the remote said 30% power left but that didn't help. Even after daily updates & reboots it still happens, I rebooted again & it seemed fine until the next night. everything I was doing on there fast forward, deleting, exiting the recordings section, reminds me of the issues I had until we got are cable wires fixed last summer & on the old contour.

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    thecat18
    New Contributor III
    thecat18 said:
    StephanieA said:
    thecat18,

When I review the signals to your receivers, I'm showing no communication between them. I suggest making an appointment to get this resolved once and for all. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with the account details and a link to this post.

Ok I will do that, because it happened last night where it got stuck on fast forward & it wasn't even recording still.
    I email them and they sent a reset signal and said when they checked the boxes that they were communicating with each other so who knows what is going on, since then on my other tv, I had an issue with no buttons working on the remote even channel up/down until I rebooted it. I let them know that again through the email but no response yet. We do have a local cable man we used last year, we got his ph. # but I'm not sure if he is still there, I hope we can request him if we need him. I will let u know.
  • Hello, It appears currently that the receivers are not responding which could be the root cause of this issue. We see you have not scheduled an appointment yet. Please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com when available and we would be happy to arrange an appointment for you at that time.
    AOK
    New Contributor

The second day of ownership of my new Contour the remote became very sluggish and unresponsive. Noticed the green light on remote was constantly flashing. The setup button did nothing. Battery power down to 70% in one day. Removing and replacing remote batteries did nothing. Replaced remote, all is well. 

• AOK, glad to hear that the replacement remote is working AOK!
    thecat18
    New Contributor III
    DannyS said:
    Hello, It appears currently that the receivers are not responding which could be the root cause of this issue. We see you have not scheduled an appointment yet. Please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com when available and we would be happy to arrange an appointment for you at that time.
    When the cable guy was at our home he told me to change power off in 4 hrs. to 0 hrs. because of a software issue lots of people were having but since then this problem continues of the remote not communicating with the cable box or really slow & also when it happens the red record light goes off even though it's still recording. One time it seems like taking the batteries out for a few sec. worked once. At night when I am done with the tv I go into power saver to turn it off, is this causing the issues? the cable guy said our signals were all fine it is happening on all 3 boxes, not sure if all remotes are bad.
    thecat18
    New Contributor III
    Also I have had issue on 1 tv with audio sync not matching the lips.
  • Hi Thecat18,

The office tools that we use to remotely troubleshoot the Cox equipment in your home are still showing a potential signal issue. Based on our tools and the symptoms you describe, I think we may have overlooked something that is impacting the network signal to your equipment. I believe a second look is warranted, and I'd like to schedule another service call. What day and time are best for you?

thecat18
    New Contributor III
    Becky said:
    Hi Thecat18,

The office tools that we use to remotely troubleshoot the Cox equipment in your home are still showing a potential signal issue. Based on our tools and the symptoms you describe, I think we may have overlooked something that is impacting the network signal to your equipment. I believe a second look is warranted, and I'd like to schedule another service call. What day and time are best for you?

I doesn't matter which day sometime in the afternoon, the issue happened again last night too. Just hit fast forward & nothing happened.
    Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello Thecat18,

Please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com include a link to this forum post, your full name, and address so that we can set up the appointment time. Thanks