Forum Discussion

OnTheFence
New Contributor
4 years ago

3.1.1.1 and 3.1.1.2 codes

We have 2 Cisco 8642HDC Explorer High Definition DVR Receivers connected to two different Televisions.Every Evening and Every morning, we can't watch TV on EITHER TV because we keep getting the 3.1.1.1 and 3.1.1.2 codes telling us that the channel we are trying to watch is not available. It suggests changing to another channel and then coming back to the original channel but that has not worked ONCE. 

Our internet is working fine and so is the phone (although we RARELY use it anymore). It's got to be something to do with these old Contour 1 boxes which we were forced to install otherwise we wouldn't be able to get any TV service. Well, that is what's happening now with these "forced on us" Contour 1 boxes. No TV service when we actually need it.

This has been going on for at least 2 weeks and I'm getting frustrated. I've already checked ALL the cable connections, reset the boxes (individually and through the online RESET function). I get up for work at 4AM and 99% of the time, I can't watch anything due to the above-mentioned code errors. Please help.

3 Replies

• Hi OnTheFence, the forum members are not likely going to be able to help resolve these issues. My suggestion is to contact our 24/7 Tech Support for assistance. You may reach out to our Social Media Team through Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. You may also call our Toll free number 1-800-234-3993. Or, chat online with Tech Support: www.cox.com/.../contactus.html

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      softballgirrl
      New Contributor

And when you are online with tech support for 2 days in a row for over an hour, and they still can't help....what now?  Maybe time to look for another cable company.

Allan
        @Softballgirrl, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the concern to cox.help@cox.com. Thanks. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.