Forum Discussion

DRVEGAS
Valued Contributor
5 months ago

Voicemail won't pick up

What would cause my voicemail to not pickup on some incoming calls that say unknown caller?  Some unknown incoming calls do go to the voicemail but not all of them.  The ones that don't go to the voicemail just keep ringing my phone endlessly.  The only way I can stop these unknown incoming calls to stop my phone from ringing is to answer the phone and then hang up.  I have no idea who is calling me because they don't say anything when I ask them who is calling and the calls also don't even show up in the voicetools either.

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Use 'Call Screening'.  After receiving one of those calls, from a dial tone, press *60, 2 and #.  That will block the last number that called.  You can block up to 25 numbers.

You can also use 'Call Blocker' in Voice Tools

Settings > Spam Blocker: Customize > To block all spam, select "Block" for all three categories.

Incoming calls from blocked numbers won't ring your phone but will be logged in 'Call History'.

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

Yes I know how to use this but I'm trying to figure out why these calls won't go to my voicemail like all my other calls do.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Cycle Voice Tools settings.  Change Spam Blocker settings and press Save.  Then change settings back and press Save again.  If that doesn't work, put your phone down and use a computer.  If that doesn't work, change 'Send to Voicemail' to 'Block'.  I know that works.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

I can't answer that.  Maybe a moderator will reply.

'Spam Blocker" is one of the best features Cox has implemented.  I go days without receiving an unwanted call.  When I do receive one, I block the number with "Call Screener'.  

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

Yes it's working on my phone browser.