Forum Discussion

Tmeric
New Contributor
4 months ago

Wi-Fi/modem stopped working after moving to new shelf

I moved my modem from one shelf to another last night and can’t get the WiFi to work anymore. I had to disconnect the coax and power cables to move the modem. I have checked the connections of the coax and power cables multiple times and they are secure. Any idea why the modem/wifi isn’t working? It is just flashing white lights non stop. 

9 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Did you have to add any splitters, couplers or extra coaxial length? What is it plugged into for power? Also, do wired/ethernet connections work? If not, try a factory reset. Blinking white usually means the modem isn't provisioned but I don't see how that is possible if you just moved it.

Tmeric
      New Contributor

Using the same exact same coax and power cables. I didn’t add remove or change anything. I did initially plug it into an extension cord at first but then plugged it back into the wall. Neither works

Tmeric
        New Contributor

How do I do factory reset? My unplugging?

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

blinking means, it's not online. When you moved it to another shelf, were you using the same coax and connection, or a different one?

Tmeric
      New Contributor

Same exact connections as before I didn’t change anything 

ColleenD

Tmeric ,

Sorry to hear your modem isn't connecting after you moved it. When you checked the connections, did you remove the coax from the modem again to check the pin inside is still straight? (Remove the power before doing this) What about at the wall? I'd also recommend making sure no parts of the coaxial cable are damaged. Please be sure to update us here if you are able to correct the issue but if the modem doesn't sync back up we may need to have someone come out. You can email us at cox.help@cox.com with your name, address, description of the trouble and a link to this thread. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor
      Darkatt wrote:

blinking means, it's not online.

Are you sure? Blinking amber means offline, but blinking white means a provisioning problem according to here.