Forum Discussion

WillHarrisInVA
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Where's my mail? (Haven't gotten anything in 7+ hours, not even messages I've sent myself)

I haven't gotten any email since 2:10 a.m. ET, which - given that I use this account for work - is highly unusual. To make sure that this wasn't just an unlikely instance of a slow day, I tried sending myself a message from my Gmail account, and it never arrived.

What's going on?

23 Replies

• Same Ol' Same Ol' ~ Cox never disappoints (yes, sarcasm). SMH once again.

b_j
    New Contributor

Been with Cox since their arrival here in Kansas since 1997 and any problems that I had with email were on their end.

driedel
    New Contributor

Neither my wife nor I received emails between last evening and this morning.

Taffeys
    New Contributor III

I just received the 1st email since last night. Sent 9:07 PM last night and received at 7:38 AM today.

sfinlv
    New Contributor

I have the same issue.  I haven't received emails from my boss sent late Wednesday night.  Very frustrating.  Hope they get  this third-party issued fixed soon.

sfinlv
    New Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  I haven't received emails that my boss sent last Wednesday night (and it's now Friday afternoon).  I hope Cox gets this third-party issue fixed soon.

Becky
      Hi Sfinlv, the issue affecting the other folks on this thread was resolved Thursday evening. If you are missing email that was sent on Wednesday, something else is going on. How do you access your Cox.net email? Do you use Cox Webmail or an email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, or the mail client on a mobile device? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        br1549
        New Contributor

I haven't been able to receive my Email all day today. Every time I chose send/receive I get a send/receive error. When I log into Cox my Email is there. The error message basically says unable to contact the server. This problem is on both my laptop and my desktop. I have tried rebooting and that doesn't help.

Phuhque
      New Contributor

Hey Sfinlv.  Ask your boss if he/she is getting bounce back NDR's.  I have the same thing happening and in every one they say the same thing.

Remote Server returned '554 5.2.0 <cxr.mx.a.cloudfilter.net #5.2.0 smtp; 552 5.2.0 <*********> sender rejected. Refer to Error Codes section at http://postmaster.cox.net/confluence/display/postmaster/Error+Codes for more information. AUP#CXSNDR>'

Cox support is not very quick to answer my questions, and I completely understand how email works.  The cause of all this heartache is their new cloudfilter and our inability to see what messages are being rejected or being able to add our own whitelists. 

So far,  I have my work, my CPA, and a gaming company I am not receiving mail from.