Forum Discussion

Daluvian
New Contributor
3 months ago

Unstable 1gb connection

I have the 1gb service in Escondido California it’s very inconsistent constantly dropping in upload speed and download reset does nothing I tried a router on different WiFi 2.4 and 5ghz I’m less then 20 feet from signal with full strength. I can never get anywhere near the 50mpbs upload I have a real time monitor of the upload speed and it jumps all around with 5-20mbps differences. Very inconsistent and constantly drops out and disconnects me. I’ve tried resetting unplugging and nothing same thing no difference. I have the pw8. This is new service and it’s been like this since day one. I checked all the cables from the telephone pole everything looks good when I check speed it says download is 118 percent of the speed. 

1 Reply

• Hello, I am terribly sorry to hear that you have not received speeds that you expected. I'd like to help. When you have a moment, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread so that we can investigate this for you. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, you can also reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. Thank you.