Forum Discussion

susan15mk
New Contributor
2 months ago

Unable to dispute unauthorized charge on Cox billing statement.

On 03/12/2024 I reviewed my Cox billing statement for March 2024 and discovered an unauthorized charge on my Cox monthly billing statement. There is a monthly $10 charge for Premium Support Cox Complete Care. I did not agree to this service when I arranged for Cox Internet Service. I was never notified about this charge. This charge is unexpected and I have paid the charge for 4 months. I am requesting a refund for $40 for 4 months of payment. At the bottom of the billing statement it states that for billing dispute and resolution to contact a number listed on the top of that statement page. The number listed above is 623-594-1000. I called and spoke with a customer service agent and she was able to remove this service account the same day. When I inquired about a refund- specifically asked who do I contact about a billing inquiry or dispute, and can I speak to your manager? The customer service representative informed me that Cox does not do refunds. No further information was provided. I am in the process of obtaining legal consult for my request for a refund. It appears as though this forum is one of the only methods available to request refund and submit a dispute.

5 Replies

• Hello there. I am sorry for the billing issues you are experiencing. We definitely want to ensure that our billing and statements are as accurate as possible with the appropriate services you are subscribed to. Can you send us an email to Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name and complete address? I would like to investigate this issue for you.

susan15mk
      New Contributor

Thank you for contacting me about this issue. Please see my reply above with further information.

susan15mk
    New Contributor

Additionally, I just received an email for Cox titled "Here's a confirmation of your order" but there is nothing listed. I assume this was supposed to be about removing Cox Complete Care from my account, but this is not written documentation that the customer service rep removed this from my account. She provided me a work order number which I thankfully wrote down, as there does not appear to be documentation from Cox about this change.

Shaun_A

I understand. We can definitely take that feedback to address why it does not show the service in the service change notification.  We can definitely verify the change and the new monthly recurring charge after the change on the work order listings in our system for you. We can definitely go over that once you send us an email at the advised email address. We look forward to hearing from you.