Forum Discussion

GZ
New Contributor III
6 years ago

SPAM that NEVER STOPS!

See more than a few forum inputs regarding SPAM issues. Seems like most of them I read are locked and many are only a few months old. I have been experiencing a serious SPAM problem for some time now. I have contacted tech support several times as well and get the same old run around the popular one being "Create a filter!". Guess what, I did just this and guess what else....I continue to receive SPAM from the very sites I filtered!! Not only that several months ago I noticed I was not receiving email from specific individuals and some of my long time email outlets I have been corresponding with for years. I tried everything I knew to try and find out why they had suddenly stopped to no avail. I finally bit the bullet and contacted tech support although I felt it would be a total waste of time. Surprise, surprise! I actually spoke to a young lady who KNEW her job and between the two of us we discovered that one or more of my spam filters were blocking these emails. We researched them to see if I had somehow added something somewhere causing certain email to be blocked that I never intended to block and we found nary a one. All of the filters I had created (there were more than 40) specified ONLY email coming from specific sources I wanted to block. It seemed the only way to find out where the problem was was to delete these filters and see if this would help. I permitted this young lady to access my account and she watched my inbox as I deleted the filters one by one. Guess what again, once I had deleted better than half of these filters the previously blocked desired email began appearing in my inbox again! I did not receive all of the previously blocked email because some were too old and no longer showed up but I WAS at least receiving them again. WARNING: use these filters at your own risk! They apparently do not work as advertised. This young lady asked if I had been using the SPAM blocking feature and I said I had but it did not seem to be stopping anything. She told me to send every SPAM email to Coxes "spamreport@cox.net" and this should stop this influx of SPAM. Well, it DOES NOT! I have sent dozens and dozens of SPAM emails to "spamreport@cox.net" many of them originating from the exact same SPAM email address over and over and THEY KEEP COMING! Many of the SPAM emails are some foreign entity and I see these $%#@ things almost daily. What I am seeing is an email provide who does not care one iota about providing good customer service. It would also appear that from the many other complaints I read regarding SPAM I am not the only person who feels this way.

No RepliesBe the first to reply