Forum Discussion

Curious13
New Contributor
7 years ago

Spam Blocker

I have made sure all of my email settings are turned on to block spam emails; however, a lot of spam still gets through.  I get at least 1 to 2 spam emails a day.  Can you improve your spam blocker?  I'm getting to the point of changing to gmail as they have a great spam blocker.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello Curious13,

Thank you for contacting Cox Social Media forums. I'd be happy to take a look into the email spam issue. Did you add the email address to the spam or block list? Please let us know, Thanks
    XavierB
    Former Moderator
    Okay great,

If you have any further concerns please reach out to us.
    Curious13
    New Contributor

With that turned on I still get a lot of spam emails each day.  Turning that on doesn't fix anything.

• @Curious13

You can individually block and/or mark an email address as spam in the settings menu. This will help resolve these unwanted emails that are getting through.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.

Curious13
    New Contributor

I do that with every single spam email I get and I still get 2 to 4 spam emails a day and they are obvious spam.  Can you improve your spam filters? 

Curious13
    New Contributor

Thanks for your feedback but I am going to change everything to my gmail account and will no longer use Cox email due to the poor spam blocking it has.

Curious13
    New Contributor

When I mark emails as spam, why do I continue to get emails from the same person I marked as spam? 

StephanieA
    Former Moderator
    Curious13,

There are different procedures to follow depending from where the email originates. Please use this link and forward the email as an attachment to the correct team.

https://www.cox.com/residential/support/reporting-spam-phishing-and-virus-abuse.html