Forum Discussion

petingaone
New Contributor
2 years ago

RG6 Quad in residential homes

I have a service appt today to run a new cable. Are they equipped to run RG6 Quad? The rest of house has been all done with the newer RG6 Quad. I will buy if not.

6 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Is your service Complete Care or just an appointment with a Cox tech?

petingaone
      New Contributor

Its a second appointment to fix a problem the tech identified. Run a new cable between outside box and family room along outside of house.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I would imagine a tech would install an industry-standard cable from the truck; however, if you already have enough cable for the run, I'm sure a tech would use it and deduct the cost of the industry-standard cable from your charge...especially if the rest of the house is Quad.

The tech won't wait for you to go purchase it.  Go buy it now and if the tech refuses to install, return it unopened.

I don't think a moderator would know the definite answer.  I'd say it'd be up to the tech.

Let us know what happens.

CplJ
    New Contributor II

It will be ran likely with tri-shield. You will not see any noticeable degradation with tri-shield vs quad shield - especially if you're not right up against a cell tower or a neighbor who is a ham radio enthusiast.