Forum Discussion

ttoomsen
New Contributor
2 years ago

Repeated Poor Service

I have been a Cox customer for many many years and have had issues off and on but the service just seems to be getting worse and the cost just seem to be going higher for the bad service.  I would really like to know why I have lost service twice now in less than 2 weeks in the middle of the night for several hours?  I'm paying 160.00 a month for just Internet and if I can't use it when I need to then maybe I need to start looking for a more reliable company.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Ttoomsen

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing intermittent connections. I know how important it is to stay connected, so I can understand your frustration. When you have a moment, please email my team at cox.help@cox.com including your full name, account holder's name, and complete address. Also, a link to this thread.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      RDogg
      New Contributor

It's been ongoing for about 2-3 months now. At first I thought maybe I had a bad driver issue from an update for my networking chip. Then I thought maybe it was the modem itself because it was running at 97°f-103°f. I built a cooling solution using an old cpu fan and usb cable. Still had issues. I replaced the modem. Still random drops. I replaced the router and cats cables. It didn't start happening until Cox came through and did line upgrades in the area. I've had nothing but great things to say about the service and customer care, but if things don't return to normal soon, I may have to switch to T-Mobile or AT&T. It's ridiculous that people in networking haven't figured out the cause in the months that it's been an issue. Retrace the steps taken and equipment installed and fix it. 

Cbur22
    New Contributor

We are having this same exact issue. We've even had to down grade our plan due to only getting the minimal connection speeds. We've had a white light on for like 30 min now.the app says they can not find our device which is confusing. Now I'm having billing issues with them even when I switched my plan before the new billing rotation and they still feel the need to charge me a prorated difference...I've been thinking about switching too. This is the first year I've had issues, even through COVID and it's crazy to me how little information their employees can tell us or help us with without finding a solution.