Forum Discussion

Chase_Cooper
New Contributor II
9 months ago

Refund for previous payments if the service you were promised has not been met

I have been on cox.com for almost a year now, paying for my WIFI, not disputing how much per month, but its a lot. I got the package for infinite data and the fastest speeds, However only recently i have discovered that I am only getting 5 percent of what i payed for, i am supposed to get 30 mb download speed, and I'm only getting 1 mb download speed, this has been going on since I've gotten the WIFI apparently. Will cox refund me for all previous months due to this circumstance, thanks to it being there own fault??? The download speed has not improved what so ever, and has never gotten above one, so im hopeful cox will make this right or else i may have to escalate this case :/

34 Replies

Chase_Cooper
    New Contributor II

lads turns out our connection was on the fritz, the out door breaker box gone bad, so cox will be coming out and fixing it for free

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

What speed/package do you get exactly? Some kind of hotspot package? Do you have a modem/gateway? I thought there normal internet starts at 100Mbps download.

Chase_Cooper
      New Contributor II

1000 Mbps (1 GIG) - Go Super Fast, which promises 30 mbs, but im only getting One mega byte per second 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Go Super Fast is 940Mbps download and 35-100Mbps upload, depending on the infrastructure in your area. However when looking at what speed you get from Cox, you need to look at a wired connection. Do you have any devices with ethernet to test from? If so, using Cox speed test, what results do you get?

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Run a speed test with a WIRED computer. Nobody can guarantee speed on WiFi. Wired speed however should be right at what you are promised.