Forum Discussion

ShuGuan
New Contributor
5 years ago

Packet Loss, Random Disconnect

Recently, Ive been having high outbound packet loss. Ive been checking through Discord because that's the only thing that I have that monitors it and it ranges from around 7% to 90% packet loss. It would continue for maybe about a minute or two and then become perfectly fine afterwards. This would happen at random intervals and maybe once per two hours everyday. It would also disconnect at random times of the day, and once it has rebooted and re-established its connection, it would repeat the process all over again. Ive checked in the modem event logs and have seen tons of "No Ranging Response Received - T3 Timeout" and "Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - initializing MAC".

All my other devices are affected by it as well and I had always thought the problem would be on my end. I directly connected with my modem and my router, but I don't receive internet that way either. I have also tried removing the coaxial cable and troubleshooting the router multiple times and the problem still remains.  

I have had COX for approximately 10 years or more and have experienced this issue 3-4 weeks ago. This has never happened throughout my years of being with COX and am wondering why its starting to happen now. 

Would it be a problem with my modem or router being faulty? Or is something else causing it?

No RepliesBe the first to reply