Forum Discussion

KAW
New Contributor
5 years ago

Not getting close to150 download speed - I need help

I am not getting anywhere close to the 150 download speed. The max I have been getting is 40MPS but it averages 25 mps. Upload speeds run from 800K to 2MPS.  I have used Cox speed test and DSL Reports speed test. I am also getting really bad lag in my connection and random disconnects.

I called Tech support about this issue. She cleared the buffer then it took forever to get my internet back. Then I was told I needed a new modem and that it must be faulty. Not that it looks faulty due to X issue. The modem I have is fully capable of meeting the speeds and it is only a year old. It's a Netgear RNC1000 which I own. All this started being a problem when a COX tech worked on a connection box across the street. The tech refused to listen to me. I don't want to pay for a service that I am not even getting.

I need help!

4 Replies

• Hello KAW. The modem is reporting a lot of time out errors and the downstream channels are out of spec at this time. Are there any splitters or signal amps on the cable line going to the modem? -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      KAW
      New Contributor

Internal to the house there are no splitters or signal amps. The cable that comes into the house goes directly to the modem.I have no idea if there is any outside the house.

Allan
        Ok. I recommend having a tech come out and take a look. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and a link to this thread to cox.help@cox.com. Thanks. -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.