Forum Discussion

Stellar
New Contributor
7 years ago

New messages not loading in MyEmail

I have only just started using the new email interface, but new messages are not loading to the inbox. I have tried a number of things, including clearing my cache and reloading without caching. I know there are emails on the server because they arriving at my phone. Why does this happening? Is there a setting that I am missing?

14 Replies

Stellar
    New Contributor

Both are set to only remove a message from the server if it is deleted from another device. Right now, MyEmail is still showing three messages that I have long since foldered and no new messages. I can occasionally get into the old "Enhanced Email" option from the old page, but most of the time I cannot access webmail at all.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Stellar

Could you try getting screen shots of the settings on your mail clients and posting them so we can investigate further?

PurduePete
    New Contributor

We are having a very similar problem with my wife's email.

She uses Win7Pro and Outlook 2007.  About 5 days ago she suddenly stopped receiving messages into her inbox.  Messages are sent from Outlook with no problems, they just are not delivered to her inbox.  If she uses the 'web mail' application she can see there are messages waiting to be downloaded.  All of the recent security changes (SSL and port numbers) we made back in January.  My email continues to work fine.  Her settings are exactly the same as mine.

1) I ran 'scanpst.exe' on her PST file, and it found some errors.  These were reportedly successfully repaired; no change

2) I built a brand new PST file on her machine; no change

3) I added her account to my PC/Outlook (which works fine for my email); her incoming messages are NOT downloaded, when messages to my email account are downloaded.

I've called COX tech support twice, and they continue to tell me 1) check your email settings or 2) it's a Microsoft problem.  I think #3 above proves it is NOT a Microsoft problem, but rather something wrong in her email account at the server level.

• Hi PurduePete, is she able to send/receive emails in Web Mail? Please check the settings to make sure they are still setup correctly: https://www.cox.com/residential/special-offers/secure-email.html