Forum Discussion

Jwente49
New Contributor II
10 months ago

New email system is the worst ever

The new system is REALY, REALLY bad. I have 5 Cox email accounts. Now I have to log into each one separately. Also, I have to open each email before I can delete it. No select all option. This is STONE AGE.

Even before the new system, Cox has been putting mail from my friends into the SPAM folder. I have made rules to force email from certain individuals to go to Inbox, but those rules are just ignored. But why should I even have to do that? There is nothing about the mail from my friends that would suggest it is spam. Why are those messages going to spam. I have tried to get customer service to fix that, but they just either disconnect or send me to another agent who hangs up on me.

Is it possible to read my Cox email with another email client and completely bypass the Cox system. If anyone knows how to do that, please respond. 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor
    Now I have to log into each one separately.

Not sure if it works with the new UI, but try clicking on the gear and then going to all settings. As per picture here, there should be a option to link external account. I think it is designed for Non cox email but I don't see why it can't sync a Cox account through IMAP.

Is it possible to read my Cox email with another email client and completely bypass the Cox system

Yes. Use a email client like Outlook or Thunderbird. See here for server settings. You could also transfer your email to a different provider like Gmail/Yahoo/Proton if you want to completely remove Cox from the email equation. You could even have both Cox email and Gmail and load Cox as a external account so you can check everything from one website. You have lots of options. Let me know which way you are leaning and I can give more specific instructions.

Jwente49
      New Contributor II

I have clicked the gear and I see all of my accounts (all Cox accounts) but it only logs me in to one at a time. I have confirmed wlth Cox support that each account requires separate login.

I use Outlook to read my mail, but it goes thru the Cox system first. Cox puts some of my good mail into the Spam folder, so I have to login to Webmail every day to check the Spam. I have not found a way to completely bypass Cos using a Cox email address.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

You don't have to login to each separately, you can use the primary and link the other 4 without issue. I tested it, works fine. 

Jwente49
      New Contributor II

I discovered if I use Brave browser, it shows all accounts, but Edge shows only the primary account. How strange is that??

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

I use Opera, sorry, it didn't occur to me that edge would be an issue. At least it's working for you now! Cox Support is useless unless you reach CAG. Tier 1 is using a monkey script and is no longer technically trained, unfortunately. 

Jwente49
      New Contributor II

Can you explain how you did that? My secondary accounts all show up when I check "Accounts" but only the primary account shows up when I login to Webmail. Cox support told me I had to login to each account separately. 

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor
    Go into the Webmail settings (that's the gear icon) and you can make it look and feel just like it did before.
    Check: Layout-List
    Check: List Options-Checkboxes
    There is another Settings next to the Cox logo the 3 bars icon
    Go to Inbox-Check: Show date and time

Hope this helps