Forum Discussion

escapecox
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Just a reminder on user opinion of Cox Data Caps

Just a reminder, since imposing data caps you have done little to address the complaints of customers (data caps too low, no option for unlimited that is reasonable, being so *** greedy it makes me cringe paying my bill every month). I still absolutely despise this company and its policies on capping data to 1TB for all levels of internet service, it's a joke in 2018 and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I seriously can't wait to for SpaceX satellite internet to become available, because the moment I have a viable alternative (let's see you stop SpaceX accessing utility poles you anti-competitive you-know-whats) I will be ditching your company so fast and never looking back. You're fortunate in that, for now, there is no viable alternative for service in my area... you better believe if I move, ISPs will be high on my list of considerations and if Cox is the only option, I'll just move somewhere else. The other part that is fortunate for Cox is that you STILL HAVE TIME to fix your colossal screw ups, before the competition comes in and kills you (it's going to happen, it's only a matter of time, look at your TV business). Fix this, and maybe the hemorrhage of customers will not be so bad when another company that doesn't want my arm, leg and first born to provide me with a decent service at a fair price arrives. In the past, SEVERAL years ago, Cox had data caps in my market (though not enforced at the time) of OVER 2TB... what happened? This was years ago, and someone at Cox deemed that to be a fair amount back then... I'll tell you what happened. Greed. Plain and simple, you found a way to increase your profits at the customers' expense, yet again. Your investments in infrastructure are a joke, you're never laying new fiber or upgrading existing lines... you barely fix what breaks, and wait for things to break and go down before fixing (if you ever even upgrade at all, I'm talking Nodes here). All you're OBVIOUSLY doing is overselling your capacity, and hoping that Data Caps will offset the amount of use that customer are getting, so you can keep piling on more and more customers while never improving or upgrading a *** thing on your end. It makes me sick, and I am going to continue to complain as long as there are data caps and no reasonable method to avoid them entirely. Eventually, if/when you do nothing, I will take my business to the first competitor along with plenty of others with me... I would almost rather it go that way, because in my current view of Cox, not much would make me happier than seeing you go out of business in the nastiest possible way. You know what they say about karma, and you'll have earned every bit of it.

Doing business with Cox feels like being in an exploitive relationship, with no easy way out (no competition, and anti-competitive behavior from Cox to keep any and all competition far away, funny how there's always enough money for that project isn't it????). Do something about it.

Sincerely,

A once happy, but now extremely unhappy customer.

No RepliesBe the first to reply