Forum Discussion

Casey1
New Contributor
2 months ago

Internet keeps dropping

I don’t have cable. I just pay for internet. I’ve never had an issue like this. For the past two weeks while streaming shows or browsing the internet the WiFi will just cut out. A gateway reset will fix the issue for a few hours until it happens again. I’ve Restarted it from the cox app or just unplugged the power and it doesn’t make a difference. The same issue persists. I replaced the coax cable going to the router and it didn’t change anything. I live near JANAF. I’m just frustrated. I would be interested if anyone else was experiencing this in the area or if anyone has any other things I could try.

5 Replies

• Hello Casey1. I certainly apologize for the Internet service issues you have been experiencing. I can understand how frustrating that can be when you are trying to use your Internet for entertainment.  Since you have tried most of the things we would normally have you test, it is quite possible that the gateway may be having the issue, especially if a reset will clear it up at that moment for a duration of time.  Do you notice if the lights go out when you lose connection, or does it stay on and look operational?  For a more detailed look into this issue, please send us an email to Cox.Help@cox.com with your full name and complete address? We can take a look further into the issue you are experiencing.  

Casey1
      New Contributor

Thank you. To answer your question the lights don’t change when it happens. I will send an email.

hikefish77
    New Contributor

We had Cox internet In Okaloosa County for Many years and NEVER had this much Trouble with Service.😩 Is there something else to use other than cox?

JuanC

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your service. Please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com so that we can take a look provide assistance.

Cox Forum Moderator

• I am having the exact same issue. Im so frustrated because I work from home and pay top dollar for good internet with Cox. I have called them multiple times and they can’t figure out why the internet keeps dropping and they want to send a tech out for $75. I already pay so much money for the internet, I shouldn’t have to pay more.