Forum Discussion

amcfanny
New Contributor
5 years ago

intermittent dropouts

I continute to have this problem. I have new modem and router. Technician replaced wire from pole to house. No splitters or anything. Just hooked straight to modem. Techs have been to house twice. I had an appointment yesterday and they never showed up or called. Not good. Before finding a time to schedule another tech visit, can u tell me what a tech could possibly check at my end to resolve an intermittent disconnect. I find it hard to believe it is anything at this end since everything possible has been replaced. I don't want to waste the techs time or my time off work for the tech to say they can't help me.

22 Replies

amcfanny
    New Contributor

I believe the field guy was here yesterday morning. My alarm goes off 10AM. I saw a cox truck leaving when I got up. I didn't experience any dropouts yesterday or today. I have no idea what if anything was done when he was here, but I'm hoping this is it. Knock on wood...

amcfanny
    New Contributor

So I went like 10 days without any issues. Now I'm back to daily morning internet drop outs. I did contact the help desk and they wanted to schedule a tech to come to my house. This seems pointless to me. I have had 3 techs and a field tech here already this month. Everything at my end has already been replaced. Can I go straight to a field tech visit please.

Allan
      Hello Amcfanny. We can certainly assist you with this internet concern. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and a link to this thread so we can help to cox.help@cox.com. Thanks. -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.