Forum Discussion

Reswing
New Contributor
4 years ago

Intermittent Disconnects, T3 AND T4 TIMEOUT

I experience many internet issues during the day, especially from 3 to 9. An internet technician came and said all the cabling from our house to the street box is fine and the modem has already been replaced. The internet is nearly unusable, all devices connected lose internet and the logs say no ranging response was received. The tech said it might be due to noise but he said it might not fix the problem. Any help? I have the gigablast plan and the new modem/router is a combo from Netgear called the nighthawk x4s. 

3 Replies

• @Reswing, I recommend checking for any splitters or signal amps to see if there are any attached to the cable line going to the modem. Also, do you know if there are any filters on the line? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Reswing
      New Contributor

Sorry, I'm pretty sure the only splitter in my house is hidden behind the wall and is unreachable, I'm pretty sure that's the only splitter or signal amp in the house. The tech said that there was noise in the neighborhood but he's not sure if it's the problem. Do you think downgrading to 500mbps or 150 will fix my problem? I don't care about the speed at this point I just want useable internet.

SharonL
        Former Moderator
        Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your internet service. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Sharon
        Cox Support Forum Moderato