Forum Discussion

X10
New Contributor
7 years ago

Historical Data Usage - Data Errors

We were charged for a data overage for January saying we used 1,228GB of data.  The prior month of Dec we used 684GB and only 344GB in Feb.  I really want to see what the daily usage for January was (we were out of town, forgot to look until now).  No one was in our house for 1 week of that month, it makes zero sense to have that large of a variation in data usage.  We got our first warning on the 27th that we hit 85% of our data and two days later we were told we'd gone beyond 100% of our data....WE WEREN'T EVEN HOME.  There's no way we used > 150GB of data in two days with no one in our house (and locked WIFI, no change in security system, etc).  From the data I can see we've never topped 30GB of data and that's happening on the weekend when we're gaming/streaming.  

Currently I can't see daily data usage beyond Feb 6th and only 3 months of monthly data.  How can I get a detailed summary of our daily usage going back several months to help figure out what is going on?

1 Reply

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello X10,

Thank you for contacting Cox Social Media. We can take a look at the data usage for you. Please send an email with this forum link, your full name, and address to cox.help@cox.com. We will reply back once we receive the email. Thanks