Forum Discussion

Fossil
New Contributor
4 years ago

High Latency, terrible gaming experience.

I am an avid gamer, thus internet is integral to my experience when it comes to fast paced online games. I am wired straight to my router via cat 7 ethernet but continuously experience horrendous amounts of latency and packet loss in game. Even the cox speed test suggests that my speed is nearly 6x worse than what I pay for monthly. Is the root of this issue my router/modem just not being up to par with what i need? Or is this issue more to do with cabling or some other Cox related issue? 

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Fossil

I'd like to look further into this for you. Please send an email to cox.help@cox.com and include your full name and address.

StephanieS
    Cox Forums Support Moderator
    Rexy624
    New Contributor II

It's Cox's poor service and good luck getting them to improve it. Starlink can't come soon enough so I can say adios to Cox! Last night it went offline16 times with crazy high latency plus I have the router logs and graphs to prove it. Forget tier 1 support as they read down their script with mindless suggestions like "did you reset your router" or "your router is four years old so you need to replace it. The only thing I need to replace is Cox and that day is coming soon enough! Thank god I have tethering on my cell plan and that is 100% reliable, unlike anything Cox has to offer... 

SharonL
      Former Moderator
      Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your services. Please allow me the opportunity to see what I can do to help you. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Thank you.

Sharon
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Rexy624
    New Contributor II

It's Cox's poor service and good luck getting them to improve it. Starlink can't come soon enough so I can say adios to Cox! Last night it went offline16 times with crazy high latency plus I have the router logs and graphs to prove it. Forget tier 1 support as they read down their script with mindless suggestions like "did you reset your router" or "your router is four years old so you need to replace it. The only thing I need to replace is Cox and that day is coming soon enough! Thank god I have tethering on my cell plan and that is 100% reliable, unlike anything Cox has to offer...