Forum Discussion

DRVEGAS
Valued Contributor
9 months ago

Fax testing number request

Can someone with a fax app or a fax machine please check this HP test fax number to see if you can get a faxback from it because I don't think this HP test fax number is actually working but HP insists that it is working.  The number is 18884732963.  It's finally working again after about 6 days so I don't need any more tests.  Thank you for helping if you tried it 👍

39 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

HP FaxBack @ 1-888-473-2963, Fax connected and was sent successfully.
    Waiting for the FaxBack, it is usually quicker than this.

I've sent and received a few Faxes lately so I know my fax is working.
    My HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-One, occasionally needs unplugged and restarted. I get these Errors that lock-up the printer and Fax.

No FaxBack from HP.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Just sent a fax to that number and it completed. Should it send a receipt back?

Seems you need to add a fax header with your return number. See here.

1. Add your fax number to the fax header. The service uses the header number to send the return fax. Make sure your full 10-digit fax number is in the header, and that it matches the number of the phone line connected to the fax.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Try sending yourself a test fax through a efax service. 

::edit:: Couldn't find a free efax. I suggest you go to a Staples or library and try to send yourself a test fax that way.

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

Let me know if you get a reply because I'm not getting any replies but it's saying that it was sent successfully and I have included my fax number in the header.  PS: I can send a fax to myself okay I'm confused. 🤔

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

I am NOT giving my home phone to a stranger, sorry. I also suggest you remove yours too.

I just sent a test fax with header to 1-888-473-2963 and I will let you know if I get anything back.

You can't send yourself a fax through your own fax machine. It would be like calling yourself. You need a different number to fax your number. I really suggest finding a fax machine at your local Staples or UPS store.

DRVEGAS
    Valued Contributor

I just got my faxback from HP about 5 days late.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I got a call from Axacore which seems to be connected to the HP fax service as per here, but never sent a fax. Was your fax from them too?

DRVEGAS
        Valued Contributor

Why did they call you?  The HP faxback service is working again after about 6 days if you want to try it again.

bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

Well that took forever, I just received my return Fax from HP.