Forum Discussion

Travel
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Email....repeating over and over "Sign in again"

My cox email account keeps popping up and asking me to sign in again and again. I can see my mail and sometimes open up a few emails, but then it starts doing it again and again. I have called Cox numerous times; they say it's my computer or my security. I have called both and both have told me it's not on their end. I did notice that many cox users have had this problem in the past. It's been going on for months. I have just about had it! Can anyone help me? Thanks!

43 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Just for clarity...this is Cox webmail, you're logged into Cox webmail, you're using Cox webmail...but Cox webmail keeps prompting you to log in?

If so, I'd first clear your browser cache memory.  Perhaps a corrupt temp file.

Travel
      New Contributor II

Yes, it is Cox webmail. I will try that. 

Glenee
    Contributor II

WiderMouthOpen recommended one time that I turn off a VPN that I was running and it helped a lot. Not all but a lot.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

That's absolutely a great idea, VPN's hide you, so mail systems, may deny access. 

Travel
      New Contributor II

I have tried that but it doesn't work. Do you think I should try a different security system?

Or delete everything on my computer and start all over again. I am at my wits end, I am 

ready to get rid of Cox. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Glenee
        Contributor II

I am no expert like some of the people on here. So take anything I suggest with a grain of salt. I have all Mac or apple environment. A while back I had something similar to yours. Like I said I turned off the VPN and it helped. It did not stop it all the time. What I figured out is that Apple has been doing updates at a rate I have never seen before, in the last year I think I have had 3 or 4. I am sure that no one else is keeping up with the rapid change's Apple is making in software. Hence I think some of it is Apple and some of it is in the cox email software.  I would never do a total wipe of my computer and start from scratch. You need to find someone in Cox upper level who understands what you are going thru and design a path to fix it or at least help you on who to go too. What's funny is I hardly ever have any trouble with imac's or Mac books it is mainly with iPad's now at least twice a week I have to do the 2 factor thingy on all ipads to keep them where I can check my mail. I have went thru and corrected everything I know to cause clashes and I know think it's a two party problem.

Somebody here, at Cox upper level, or computer software will find a solution. The problem is how long is it going to take.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I am going to guess you are using some kind of program for email and it is asking you to sign in. Are you using the same user/password that works with Cox.com/net? What email program(client) are you using?

Travel
      New Contributor II

I am using www.cox.com then this comes up and I sign in 

Cox email login (cox.net)

mycox.email.net

Sometimes it might be ok for a few minutes but other times it keeps rolling over and 

over again. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

I am going to ask you some questions to try to isolate the problem.

1. Does it happen if you login with a different device, like you phone or a different computer?
        2. What do you have for Antivirus? Do you have a plugin installed for it at the top right corner of the browser?
        3. Have you tried deleting your temp files and cookies?
        4. Have you tried a different browser like chrome? Or if using chrome, try Edge.
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

What browser, or email program are you using? Need more info to be able to assist. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Does this happen to happen (sorry) while you're also logged into another Cox service, such as your Cox account and/or the Forum?

I noticed you log into webmail with your Cox SMTP address.  What happens if you log in with only your userID and no "@cox.net'?

Travel
      New Contributor II

I have tried that the same thing happens unfortunately. 

Travel
      New Contributor II

I usually always log in with just my user name and do not add the @cox.net

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

If you enrolled in Two-Step Verification, unenroll and see if that makes a difference.

Travel
      New Contributor II

I am not enrolled in two step, but thanks for the suggestion.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I'm trying to envision what the Cox webmail page is doing.  You're in webmail and a pop-up appears on screen to re-log-in...or the page redirects you to the log-in page?

I don't believe the page is scripted for a pop-up.  Maybe.  Scan your PC for maliciousness lately?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

The fact that it happens on multiple PC negates a PC/malware issue IMO. It doesn't seem to happen on the phone so it makes me think it's a network issue of some kind. Does OP(Travel) have a hardware VPN or something from work hooked up? Does it happen on Cox.com and other HTTPS sites?

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

Could be an infected router...

Travel
      New Contributor II

I am in my email and then the pop up comes up, it rolls over to a blank white screen and then

my email comes back. Sometimes it continues to happen and it will not stop. If I am writing and email and it happens, I lose the entire email. Hope that helps.  

Travel
        New Contributor II

I also just ran a "deep scan" and it was ok..... is this crazy or what???