Forum Discussion

MarceloW
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Data overage charges will be paused question

We’ve got you covered. Beginning March 16, 2020 through May 15, 2020 data overage charges will be paused. Customers with Unlimited or 500GB data add-on plans will receive credits for their add-on plan for two bills. During this time we have suspended sales of our data plans. We want to help make sure you have the resources you need to remain productive during the coronavirus work and school closures.

Hello folks,

Let me understand. My rollover date is 24th of the month. My next cycle is 04/25 until 05/24.

Supposing that I'll use > 1 Tb of data. Will Cox charge me at May, 16?

Thank you

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    QQless
    New Contributor II

COX is the only provider I have heard of with a data overages for home services... It’s criminal they do anything to make money off you.

• Hello,

There has not been an announcement on how billing will resume for data overages. Once this information is available it will be released. Until then we are not able to speculate on these details.

Greg P
    Cox Forums Moderator
      nonymou
      New Contributor III

Makes it hard not to go over without details. 

MarceloW
      New Contributor III

The original announcement is not enough clear. My new cycle started yesterday and I already used 129 Gb por one day. I really need to know if I will pay an extra charge or no at the end of current cycle (May 24) or If I will have 1 Tb to use between 16th and 25th May when the waives already finished.

Andrew_Wees
      Contributor III

Is the Beginning March 16, 2020 through May 15, 2020  based on billing or data usage?

MarceloW
        New Contributor III

The message is not very clear. Using good sense, I think that all data usage between March 16 and May 15 will be waived. But it's my supposition.

iamkimchi
    New Contributor III

Comcast has extended their Data Cap Suspension.  Will Cox follow suit? and will they in a timely manner?  Tune back in at the last minute to find out!

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      Beginning March 16, 2020, through May 15, 2020 data overage charges will be paused. Customers with Unlimited or 500GB data add-on plans will receive credits for their add-on plan for two bills. During this time we have suspended sales of our data plans.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        MarceloW
        New Contributor III

Yes, we already know. But the questions remains