Forum Discussion

theChad
New Contributor
2 years ago

Cox's SPAM engine ** and needs completely disabled.

How can i get cox to quit prepending "-- SPAM --" to the emails consumed by a 3rd party email client? Even after I've told your learning engine that it's, "not spam". I should not have to add every single from address to a contact. Yet, even that doesn't help.

Better yet, how can I get cox to simply quit scanning ALL of my email even though I already have "No SPAM Filtering" selected?

Your SPAM "learning" **, I've never seen it learn and whitelist any FROM address I've marked as "not spam". Just allow me to turn it off completely, please.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

You may be labeling it as "Not Spam", but if a number of people are telling Cox they are receiving SPAM from that sender, it will remain on the spam list. 

theChad
      New Contributor

Fair enough, but I still think there should be an option to completely bypass or opt-out of Cox's spam filtering or service. I leverage other applications than webmail for email that already have more effective spam filtering than Cox provides.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

It's been so long since I received spam in Webmail that I can't verify this, but I think filter rules apply to email Cox has marked as spam.  It could be way worse.  Microsoft sends spam to the Junk Email folder before it's available to rules.  There's not much a person can do with Microsoft Outlook, but Webmail is more flexible.

MartinFSSr
      New Contributor

Yeah, right. Cox marks my email to my wife as SPAM, when it doesn't refuse to send it all all with an "acceptable use policy" error. 

Plus if I am not mistaken, the default handling of items that COX' mysterious algo flags as SPAM is to SILENTLY DELETE THEM so the recipient isn't even aware they have been censored. 

My wife and I have fought this BS for a couple of years--unsuccessfully-- even contacting the CEO's office in Atlanta. 

The ONLY reason we still use Cox ($250/mo w/ TV) is because my wife doesn't want to have to ask her (many) correspondents to change her email address in their address-books. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Change her Spam setting to "No Spam filtering" and create her Filter Rule with condition "From" "Contains" <your name> or <your email address> and action "Keep".  If email from you reaches Webmail, it will go to her Inbox.