Forum Discussion

TimMc
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cox Webmail marks non-SPAM emails as SPAM

Cox marks email sent between my wife and my self which are on the same account as SPAM.  How do you stop this?

They also mark email from Navy Federal credit Union, Virginia Pilot and more as SPAM.

On line Chat was useless.  Googling this problem show lots of people have an issue with that goes back years . 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CMT
    New Contributor

Not sure if it's the same problem, but I have a similar issue.  I don't get e-mails and there's not rhyme or reason.  My wife (her Cox account) forwarded an e-mail from our child's school.  Never did get it, but when she forwarded to my Yahoo account got it immediately.  It's not ending up in Spam or Junk Mail either and she never gets a notice that it was not delivered.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi CMT, when you're not receiving emails, are all emails impacted? Are you receiving emails on myemail.cox.net? Are you using a Client-server such as Mac Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, or iOS Mail? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • @ imMC, company emails will be marked as spam. However, you can have them delivered to your spam folder or to your inbox. Also, you can forward the email as an attachment to thisisnotspam@cox.net so we can address that issue for you. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator

bobC927
      Contributor

A more serious problem occurs when someone receives a legitimate email marked as SPAM and needs to forward or reply to it. When this happens it looks as if the original recipient of the erroneously marked email is in fact distributing SPAM. This happens to me quite frequently and it is ultra annoying.

bearone2
    Contributor III

webmail picks up 2-5 everyday that aren't spam....i delete them & move on.