Forum Discussion

Speedskater
New Contributor III
2 months ago

cox.com e-mail to Yahoo

Just got switched from xxxxx@cox.com e-mail to Yahoo.

But no e-mails sent to the old address are showing up.

7 Replies

Speedskater
    New Contributor III

I think that I set it up incorrectly, but Yahoo won't let me delete the Email account and start again.

Speedskater
      New Contributor III

After many attempts, I was able to delete the first account.

And now it works.

dlarkin-dc
    New Contributor III

Can you explain what the change over had you do, initially, what caused the problem, etc... so we can avoid it too. Thanks!

Speedskater
      New Contributor III

The Yahoo new user form has a:

First name and a Last name blank.

but what was needed was the current Cox email address.

I put the name part in 'First' and the Cox part in 'Last'

Rich170
        New Contributor II

Can you repeat this detail answer on filling  the form. I expect to get the transition email soon and I don’t want to make a mistake. 
        I haven’t seen the form; it is my understanding that I need to enter my existing email address (including the Cox .net). Done. I presumes that is all in one entry field on the form.

Then change the password, opt in and done. Sounds like 5 minutes. But I don’t know.

thanks

Speedskater
    New Contributor III

So now we are receiving Emails posted after 9AM February 6, 2024.

But that's all. Nothing transferred from the old Cox Email.

Speedskater
    New Contributor III

Further thoughts:

a] I wrote February 6, I meant March 6.  But it turns out that all of the last month's Emails were sent to the 'spam' folder as are many real current Emails.

b] We have been using Thunderbird for over two decades. Compared to Thunderbird, Yahoo is a primitive program, and this is a bare-bones version.  It can't do simple tasks like sort Emails by 'sender' or subject'.

c] "address book". With a great deal of effort, I was able to import the Thunderbird address book. Yahoo is only setup to import Gmail, Outlook, AoL and other Yahoo address books. 

d] more "address book" stuff.  Many people have more than one Email address. It's not easy to tell what address is linked to a name.

My wife has some 'blind' mailing lists, have not figured out how to regenerate those lists.

e] I give Cox-Yahoo Email zero Stars!

f] Will Cox reduce our monthly fee, they have reduced our service?