Forum Discussion

ThorinVegas
New Contributor
2 years ago

Constant Loss of Service

I recently moved and Cox installed a Panoramic WiFi. From day one it has gone offline. Now it’s completely dead. Anyone who can help me?

30 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Probably a signal problem at the new house. Can you post your signal levels from 192.168.0.1 > user:admin password:password >Connection >Cox Network? Also, track the coaxial and make sure it connects to the outside without any splitters.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Is your Internet "dead" at one of the LAN ports on the Panoramic or just WiFi?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Good point. OP said "dead" as in no lights? If so, check the power cord and make sure it is plugged directly into the electrical socket and not a surge protector/power strip.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I was thinking "radio silence" dead.  Renters return these things for a reason and I've always questioned a standardized bench-check before reissue.

• Hi ThorinVegas, I can only imagine how frustrated you must be if you've been dealing with internet connectivity issues since your installation. I can help! If your signal levels are poor, or you aren't able to check your signal levels and would like further assistance, please email our team at cox.help@cox.com. You deserve reliable internet! I'm sure we can get this resolved. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    cheeto225
    New Contributor

Cox internet service is horrible. It goes down seems like daily, and if the internet is not down the panoramic wifi modem is rebooting almost every day .. if you can find somebody else do it. 

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Or if you can get the problem resolved, DO IT! I have been using Cox at my home since 1993, and the one time I had an issue, they resolved it, and I have been running great since. My modem has been online 

System Uptime: 40 d: 3 h: 04 m

And that's because I had a power outage 40 days ago. Get the problems fixed, and it's great. Or you can sit by and kvetch. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

I think most of these types of long standing problems require a technician and Tier 1 is now pushed to avoid technicians, scaring customers with 75$ charge even when the problem might be outside. I wish you could get CCC for only 1 month to cover issues like that.

ZonaWyyred
    New Contributor

My service has been bad for the past year. I just switched to ZonaWyyred today and it is a lot cheaper and much better service. Check and see if they are in your area. Cox doesn't listen to their customers. I.am turning all of my equipment into them tomorrow.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

So you registered just to bad mouth Cox? What ever floats your boat. I had Cox for 10+ years and only had problems when I moved to a area with bad wiring. I think a electrical transformer was causing a interference problem with a amp which was causing T3 errors with my modem.