Forum Discussion

gorillahype
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

connect a 2nd router to the panoramic modem?

can it be done and is it a good thing?

• Yes it can be done. Just plug the Ethernet cable into the yellow WAN port on the router(s). Then configure the routers to use different subnets 192.168.*.1. 

Replace the * with any number between 2-254 and it should configure it just like it's connecting to a cable modem. 

AdmiralJackass
    5 years ago

As far as it being a good thing, I use a second router off of the panoramic wifi modem so that I can bypass Cox DNS servers and use my PiHole to trap any ads before they reach my devices. Highly recommend it. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    AdmiralJackass
    New Contributor II

Yes it can be done. Just plug the Ethernet cable into the yellow WAN port on the router(s). Then configure the routers to use different subnets 192.168.*.1. 

Replace the * with any number between 2-254 and it should configure it just like it's connecting to a cable modem. 

AdmiralJackass
      New Contributor II

As far as it being a good thing, I use a second router off of the panoramic wifi modem so that I can bypass Cox DNS servers and use my PiHole to trap any ads before they reach my devices. Highly recommend it. 

bearone2
    Contributor III

the panoramic modem/router won't allow me to connect 2 older dell laptops. 1 out from pano to pc, the other to 2nd router. no bridging required.