Forum Discussion

Morm
New Contributor
14 days ago

Class action???

Yahoo is one of the most unsecured emails. They have had many breaches in data and cyberattacks. They own your info because it is free and they are known for selling your info.  I was shocked when I went to open my email and was locked out. The only option is to agree to yahoo’s terms of agreement which I will have to waive my rights. I have been a customer for cox for 15 years and I am going to drop them like a bad habit. We should file a class action against them!!!!

8 Replies

DaveM75
    New Contributor II

Agree about you Yahoo comments. Why a huge ISP and media company like Cox would dump it's email customers onto an ad filled, insecure email service like Yahoo is beyond me. And news flash to both Cox and Yahoo, a lot of us use third party email apps for our email - I'm going to run my organization mail list on the Yahoo web page? <OK, I'm done laughing and I'm back.> I'm not a computer guru by any means, but I do know my around these things a bit. And I wasted the better part of my previous Saturday trying to get the Yahoo thing set up. The worst part was getting Yahoo to make nice with Thunderbird, an email app I've used for years. No thanks to either Cox or Yahoo, I was finally able to figure out how to set up my Thunderbird but it took a lot of fiddling around and a lot of online research. Three days later, I'm still steaming over the experience.

As far as dropping Cox, unfortunately that's not going to be a good option for a lot of us. I do use Cox as my ISP and I do have to say, their internet service is pretty robust and reliable. I've had very few issues with their internet service. So I'll grit my teeth and stay with them. But I've been getting a lot of attractive offers from Verizon for Internet service recently.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

FYI Verizon has no Email service, and they simply killed it off, instead of transferring to someone else. 

DaveM75
        New Contributor II

Well, I meant Verizon simply as an ISP. Dropping Cox will mean (among other things) dropping any "@cox.net" email accounts, but Cox seems intent on dropping those anyway and I am definitely not comfortable with Yahoo as my primary email provider. Yahoo for the moment has allowed us to keep our Cox domain email addresses, but who knows how long that will last? 

Another issue with dropping Cox is, however will I survive without their 582 cable channels that I never watch?

DawgFan
    New Contributor II

Loyalty means nothing to Cox. I've been a (loyal) customer for over 30 years!

WM
      New Contributor II

LOL.. That is a typical cox response