Forum Discussion

lupinibean
New Contributor
2 years ago

"block senders" feature doesn't work

Thought I had finally found the solution to the enormous amount of spam I've been receiving the last two months. I went to my webmail and painfully went through my entire spam folder and created a "block sender" feature for all the email addresses. NOPE. The messages are still showing up in my spam folder. I thought maybe I had overlooked a sender, so I created a new "block sender" event for them. "This address is already on your blocked sender list" was the result. WHY YES IT IS, so why am I still getting the emails? 

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      lupinibean
      New Contributor

Way ahead of you there.  I've created rules up the yin-yang. All that does is to still filter all the spam messages into my spam folder, which I then have to individually go through, check off, and click "Apply rules" too (which BTW I have set to "move to trash" or "delete message". Fat lot of good that does me.  THEY SHOULD NOT BE GOING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE IF I HAVE BLOCKED THE SENDER VIA WEBMAIL. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

If you had actually read the referenced thread. you would know how to prevent email from going to the spam folder.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I am a little confused what the problem is. Why do you feel it necessary to block senders? If it's going to spam, then IMO everything is working. Is it a matter of inbox space?

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

"Blocked Senders" is what's sending some of the email to Spam.  Actual spam that goes to the Spam folder isn't a problem.  It's just a nuisance.  The real problem is that other, legitimate email can sometimes be routed to Spam.  If everythimg in the Spam folder isn't reviewed, there's a chance that legitimate email could be missed.  It's easier to take Cox Spam filters out of the equation and use Filter Rules to determine email that you want to see or don't want to see.    

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        If everythimg in the Spam folder isn't reviewed, there's a chance that legitimate email could be missed.

Fair point. My issue was that it sounded like OP wanted the result to be a empty spam folder, and I don't see that realistically happening.