Forum Discussion

flitzanu
New Contributor II
6 years ago

and more packet loss and disconnects.

So, this is becoming incredibly unacceptable.  

I've had 70+ disconnects over a few days.  This has been an ongoing problem for months now, and I feel I've been gracious about it, but this needs to be fixed.  The last tech that came out weeks ago didn't even have a working machine to test the line, and thankfully called another contractor in the area to come help him, and now, it is back to being terrible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15t9i-Te6DwV1OMjW9t6-Qf_Ti-1JTjud

7 Replies

• Hi Flitzanu, your modem is showing poor levels and rising T3 errors. A service call is needed. If you'd like my team to schedule a service call for you, email us at cox.help@cox.com. Please include your full name, address, and a link to this tab in your email. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      flitzanu
      New Contributor II

thanks becky.  i'll be emailing soon to set up an appointment, again.

Crownview
    New Contributor II

We also have been plagued by these system failures, with similar log sequences.

The latest was this morning just past 10 AM

flitzanu
      New Contributor II

oh nice.  i've had 21 disconnects since last night, that are not included in the 70+ above.

Becky
      Hi Crownview, your modem is also showing poor metrics. I suggest a service call in your case, also. Email my team at cox.help@cox.com so we can schedule a service call for you. Please include your full name, address, and a link to this tab in your email. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Crownview
        New Contributor II

I decided to purchase a newer modem as next step.

Our cable is direct (no splitters etc) from buried Cox cable to modem. One joint with barrel in the attic. This has happened several times over the years, worse in recent weeks.

Also, with some frequency, emails that originate in our IP cameras directed through our Cox email thence forwarded to our remote server, take HOURS to be forwarded. This has occurred recently. Really lowers my faith in Cox infrastructure.